Tuesday, 22 September 2009

One Young World

When I read the profiles of candidates of One Young World 2010, there are two thoughts that came into my mind.

Positive is because feel proud when I found out that a lot of youth outside there want to do something and have done something to the community, country and even to the world. They really enthusiast and care about what is happening in this modern world, they want to share their thought, time and energy without getting something in return.

Negative because I feel jealous and shame on myself. Why they can do something and I cannot do anything? Almost all of them are scholarship recipients, they have received so many awards and certificate both from national and international. Me? None. I can only shout from here, for a better future, but nothing will happen in the real world only by writing something here, that's at least what I realize, (sigh!). I have to start doing things, but what? My youth is going to end soon, and what I do are mostly sleep, assignment and facebook. I study International Relations and it is one of my favourite major, but I don't practice it in my life, wasted parents money only. I have been thinking to submit an application as a candidate but what to write, what involvement that I can prove? None. I will only ashamed myself out there, sigh!

Anyway, I wish all the candidates luck and I hope there will be something that is done in the conference next year for the youths. You can click here if you want to find out what is One Young World: http://apps.facebook.com/oywcandidates/

"There are skies above a sky" Anonymous.

2 comments:

Carolina said...

haha!! jangan berpikir klo dirimu tidak berarti leo dengan membandingkan dirimu ma candidates2 itu =)

karena tiap orang memiliki arti masing2.. ga usah jadi candidate di one young world gpp, tapi kamu udah jadi juara di hati kami temen2 anda =)

u have done things!! =)

Leo Liemex said...

=)
thanks