Dear President of MCS,
Dear Leaders of MCS,
Dear President of the Mass committee,
Dear Head of Department of the Mass committee,
Dear all committee members,
It is an open letter from me, as a part of this community, who wants to see things in the future to be better.
Sincerely, thank you so much for all of your contribution for this time in-campus mass, without all of you nothing can be done. My special thanks to the president who has willingly accept this big burden and to tried as hard as she can to make this event successful. I acknowledge that lack of experience became her most difficult challenge to face but I believe that she had tried her best to overcome that.
To be honest, I was not happy with the progress of the mass. I heard a lot of complain during the preparation of the mass, and it seems that no one cares about that. There were number of people who do not have a clue about the mass, yet were asked to help on the mass. Shouldn’t it be the first task to everyone in the board of committee to explain thoroughly to those who are involved (for the first time) what would happen later, and to keep them updated with the things that were happening so they, at least, would know what they are supposed to do – and not wait until last minute. I also notice the report that was sent every week to the email, and for me it is just an attendance list of the weekly meeting.
I attended the rehearsal, because of friend’s invitation, and I was disappointed with your rehearsal. I entered the auditorium at about 1800, and I listed down who went at what time. Out of 47 (or maybe 50 members), 29 people came before 1830, 8 people came in late, and the rest were missing. I would say, there was no discipline at all that is shown by everyone. Why there are a lot of people missing during the rehearsal? I remember the rule is, not coming on the rehearsal means not participating on the mass. People were busy with their own business, i.e. chit-chatting, sms-ing, and not listening to the instruction. Overall, I would say, the rehearsal was not prepared well, and most of the people treat the rehearsal as their first practice instead of the last practice before the mass.
On the day itself, I didn’t feel the comfort to silence myself and I notice it is because the loud and noisy sounds created by the organising team who is not ready with the mass and with the coming congregation. The briefing was late and there were lot of people did not know what they were supposed to do, because they did not attend the rehearsal. One crucial that was mistakenly done is the liturgical incorrect by the choir in choosing a song and the timing of singing the song. I believe that this is avoidable if the committee was consulting with the right person.
All these wrong doings can be and should be avoid by the organising team if they put the real effort for this. However, I believe that all these things will be taking care better in the future as we as human are always wanted to see something better after the past, and to relate with the philosophy of Monash University, “Ancora Imparo” – we are still learning. But remember, a mass is not a performance of a group of people, a mass (or a liturgy) according to CCC is a celebration of the mystery of Christ.
**Just a thought, a friend of mine commented by saying, all these things can be slowly prevented by having more regular mass in campus, i.e. every month.**
Sunway, 28 September 2008,
J.L. Liemex
No comments:
Post a Comment