This blog is supposed to be published on 7 October 2008, but I was 'bitching' around (I mean lazying, slacking because I feel like nothing else to do - this can also mean studying) thus, I postponed this post until now.
I decided to post this after learn about this topic in university. I actually have heard this word from last year subject but I never thought that this word has a deep meaning.
According to Wikipedia (not a recommended resources though), "feminism is discourse that involves various movements, theories, and philosophies which are concerned with the issue of gender difference, advocate equality for women, and campaign for women's rights and interests." Why feminism is important and many people (including men) are so vocal about this issue? For many years, women, because of their physical attribute and their difference with men, have been denied, abused, trashed and never being counted in this world. The case of sexual abuses, gender discrimination in the workplace, no school for women are only few examples of excessive yet immoral inequality to women. It is really sad to actually realize that all these things happened to women. I dare to say like this because personally I believe, (beside women are creature and image of God as well as men), they are incredible!
That reminds me of this cartoon, Incredibles! He he he.
Inredible in the sense that they are strong. During the War period when all the men go to the war field, these women go to the factory to do men job and take care the family. The same situation is happening in this world today, when women go to the work force and still do the house chores after they finish their work. They are doing double work man!
If people are saying that women are weak, they are all wrong! Imagine the pain and suffer women have to bear when they have their period, and later when they are pregnant. 9 months and 10 days they have to bear the suffer for the new life, if it is not because of love and by their strength, there will be no life in this world. So fellas, as the Lord said, "Honor thy father and thy mother".
Since this is October, month of Mary, I also would like to post the prayer for Mary, mother of God.
Hail Mary, Full of Grace, The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now, and at the hour of death.
Amen.
I decided to post this after learn about this topic in university. I actually have heard this word from last year subject but I never thought that this word has a deep meaning.
According to Wikipedia (not a recommended resources though), "feminism is discourse that involves various movements, theories, and philosophies which are concerned with the issue of gender difference, advocate equality for women, and campaign for women's rights and interests." Why feminism is important and many people (including men) are so vocal about this issue? For many years, women, because of their physical attribute and their difference with men, have been denied, abused, trashed and never being counted in this world. The case of sexual abuses, gender discrimination in the workplace, no school for women are only few examples of excessive yet immoral inequality to women. It is really sad to actually realize that all these things happened to women. I dare to say like this because personally I believe, (beside women are creature and image of God as well as men), they are incredible!
That reminds me of this cartoon, Incredibles! He he he.Inredible in the sense that they are strong. During the War period when all the men go to the war field, these women go to the factory to do men job and take care the family. The same situation is happening in this world today, when women go to the work force and still do the house chores after they finish their work. They are doing double work man!
If people are saying that women are weak, they are all wrong! Imagine the pain and suffer women have to bear when they have their period, and later when they are pregnant. 9 months and 10 days they have to bear the suffer for the new life, if it is not because of love and by their strength, there will be no life in this world. So fellas, as the Lord said, "Honor thy father and thy mother".
Since this is October, month of Mary, I also would like to post the prayer for Mary, mother of God.
Hail Mary, Full of Grace, The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now, and at the hour of death.
Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment